There’s no better comfort to experience in life than knowing you are at the helm of your own financial security, especially if you are backed by an enabling technology provided by the institution you partner with.
BDO Unibank has found ways to give you peace of mind and give you—and only you—control of your own BDO Debit Card while you sleep blissfully through the night.
Using BDO Debit Card’s Lock/Unlock Feature, BDO cardholders can prevent their BDO Debit Card (including Kabayan Savings and Junior Savers) from being used for transactions at Automated Teller Machines, point of sale terminals, and online purchases and payments without their knowledge and consent.
“The BDO Lock/Unlock security feature is very useful especially in protecting our cardholders from incidents of unauthorized transactions,” said Tomas Victor A. Mendoza, BDO senior vice president and head for Product Management-Transaction Banking Group. “This provides them better and more accessible control over their BDO Debit cards.”
To use the Lock/Unlock security feature of the BDO Debit Card through BDO Online Banking, simply do the following steps:
- Log-in to your BDO Online Banking account;
- Click on the New Security Feature button at the upper right portion of the home screen. You will then be directed to the menu containing all your BDO Debit Cards and their current status;
- Slide the toggle button of the card you wish to lock/unlock; and
- Enter the one-time password (OTP) that will be sent to your registered mobile number into Online Banking to confirm the change. You will get immediate confirmation on your request.
On the other hand, to use the Lock/Unlock security feature of the BDO Debit Card through BDO Mobile Banking, just follow these steps:
- Log-in to your BDO Mobile Banking account;
- Click on the “more” menu to access Security Management; and
- Slide the toggle button of the card you wish to lock/unlock. You will get immediate confirmation on your request.
There’s also no limit on the number of times you can lock/unlock your BDO ATM Debit Card. This service if free of charge.
Locking your BDO Debit Card will only prevent card-based transactions. Thus, you can continue to perform many transactions through BDO Online, Mobile, and Phone Banking.
The Lock/Unlock security feature is just one of the several benefits of using BDO Online Banking.